Thursday, May 10, 2012

"Ascend" - Book Review




Synopsis:

Wendy Everly is facing an impossible choice. The only way to save the Trylle from their deadliest enemy is by sacrificing herself. If she doesn’t surrender to the Vittra, her people will be thrust into a brutal war against an unbeatable foe. But how can Wendy leave all her friends behind…even if it’s the only way to save them?

The stakes have never been higher, because her kingdom isn’t the only thing she stands to lose. After falling for both Finn and Loki, she’s about to make the ultimate choice…who to love forever. One guy has finally proven to be the love of her life—and now all their lives might be coming to an end.

Everything has been leading to this moment. The future of her entire world rests in her hands—if she’s ready to fight for it.





I don't even really know where to begin describing the awesomeness of this book. Ascend was definitely my favorite of the Trylle series, it was action-packed, filled with passion, secrets were unveiled and characters had a lot of depth added to them. I really enjoyed the flow of the plot, it had me turning pages and staying up way past midnight to find out what would happen. Normally when I read a series I can usually find something I might not like and complain about like Breaking Dawn in the Twilight series (don't worry I won't go ranting on ;)). But with this series I loved everything about it and I especially loved the ending, it couldn't have concluded more perfectly. It became evident that over the course of the series Amanda Hocking had gotten better at writing because when you compare Switched and Ascend you can tell that she greatly improved in her writing, imagery, characterization and diction. The only thing I think some people were really complaining about in this book were the adult scenes, so if you don't like that then just be warned there are a couple. I definitely can't let my little sisters read it yet but one day. I've also decided which 'team' I'm on. After reading Switched I was rooting for Finn but that was because Loki didn't even show up at all in that book. But I really fell in love with Loki and started rooting for him in the second book because he's such an amazing character and the perfect match for Wendy's personality in my opinion. Finn really annoyed me in Torn but I've learned to be alright with him now. I totally recommend anyone to read this series because it's got something for everyone; action, romance, comedy, adventure, fantasy, the whole shabang! I'm also really excited about Amanda hocking's upcoming WaterSong series about sirens and Greek mythology coming out in August too. :)

Read the reviews of the rest of the Trylle series;
Switched (here)
Torn (here)

HAPPY READING EVERYONE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...