Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Hush Hush" - Book Review





Synopsis:

A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.
 
 

My review:
A couple of years ago my sisters had bought this book from a store and wouldn't stop raving about how amazing it was for weeks. We would be in the car driving to school when they'd practically plead and beg me to read it as soon as possible. At the time I never followed my sisters' book recommendations because one bad recommendation had led me to a book I absolutely could not stand. (I won't mention any book titles...)
Forward to three years later and I'm standing in the grocery store's book aisle while my mom browses the vitamins and I'm trying to decide which books I want to buy. I hadn't bought any books in a while but I didn't want to splurge my monthly savings in one go. They had a sale going on for Hush Hush since the final installment to the saga would be coming out in July and it was only five bucks. I heard my sisters' voices pounding in my head shouting "you better buy that book noel, you better get it now!" so yeah... I listened to the voices, they told me to get it.

This book was alright. I'll admit I'm not ecstatically impressed with it but it wasn't boring to read at all. I really liked the chemistry between Patch and Nora from their fateful moment in Biology. The plot was really well thought out, props to the author for the intricate web of the story, and I loved following the mystery. I was constantly guessing who I thought the ...shall we say criminal?... was and who I thought was behind the whole thing. It was the beginning of summer and I was in desperate need for a good summer opening book. I hadn't read a suspenseful book like this in a long time. The ending greatly reminded me of the Kissed by an Angel series (that I only managed to read up to number three of, oh dear I seriously have to catch up on that series) which I really loved so I am definitely going to be reading the other books whenever I get the chance to.

I called my sisters the day I started reading Hush Hush and told them about the great deal I had gotten on it and the moment I heard their voices in my head urging me to buy it. Apparently I had been mistaken and they were quick to let me know what an idiotic idea that had been considering that they have the first three books on their own bookshelves and said I had wasted my money by buying a second copy. But it wasn't a waste, I totally recommend this book!



 
HAPPY READING EVERYONE! :)

1 comment:

  1. I read it in French when it came out and loved it and then I re-read it before starting the sequel and thought it was only ok ... I love Patch !! Crescendo (the second book) is definitely better according to me :) !! Great review Noellie !!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...